Pat Riley, once said, “If you’re not getting better, you’re getting worse.” The quality of our thinking determines the quality of our life. Thinking is the number one skill set for all humans. Our decisions dictate our destiny. I’ve explored this topic previously in personal vlogs and blogs I’ve written in the past. There are four major keys to success in anything that you are trying to accomplish and improve. Mindset, clarity, focus and concentration. Your ability to control your emotions, understand where your thoughts are stemming from, why you are having these thoughts, how you can change and manage them. This requires you to live as a “lifelong student”, where you embody a “growth mindset”. Dr. Carol Dwyeck created the term and believes, “becoming is better than being.” Therefore, lasting fulfillment and happiness lives in consistent growth.
Nothing changes until we change our thinking. You can’t change what you can’t see. We live in an age of unlimited information that can help or hurt our thinking process. The beauty of the time we live in, is we have a plethora of books, psychologist, mentors, and people that have more wisdom than we do, in the area were having struggles in. Brian Tracy, one of the leading influencers for high performance has been a virtual mentor to me for almost 3 years. In his book “Get Smart, he explains the seven R’s of superior thinking.
- Rethinking: Requires you to take timeout and stand back to look at your situation objectively.
- Reevaluating: Practice zero based thinking, “knowing what I now know, would I conduct these same actions or behaviors again.”
- Reorganizing: Look for ways to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of your operations by moving people around or changing your decision-making process.
- Restructuring: Moving your people and resources around into the 20 percent of activities that can account for 80 percent of your results. “Revenue Generation”
- Reengineering: Continuously seeking ways to simplify your work and life by delegating, outsourcing and downsizing.
- Reinventing: Commit to CANI, “Constant and Never-Ending Improvement.”
- Regaining Control: Taking massive action towards the area we want to improve in or accomplish.
If you look back at any of your failures, they all derive from the decisions we’ve made. You may have reacted before thinking about the outcome of the decision or over thought something, which led you to not taking action. Your outer world is a reflection of your inner world. I’m constantly focused on making better decisions in all aspects of my life. Our thoughts become our reality. We are in a daily battle with our mind. To win this game of life, you have to master your mind. “Winston Churchill once said, “behavior is the only truth.” Be mindful that your mind is the control system to every decision and action you take. You have to work on it like a muscle daily to strengthen it for any battle that you may face.
Quote of the day: “As a man thinketh, so is he.”-James Allen
1 thought on “The Seven R’s of Superior Thinking!”
I saw your tweets and thought I will check your website. Have to say it looks really nice!
I’m also interested in this topic + have recently started my journey as young entrepreneur.
I’m also looking for the ways on how to promote my website. I have tried AdSense and Facebok Ads, however it is getting very expensive.
Can you recommend something what works best for you?
Would appreciate, if you can have a quick look at my website and give me an advice what I should improve: https://janzac.com/
(Recently I have added a new page about Rockwall Investments and the way how normal people can make money with this company.)
I wanted to subscribe to your newsletter, but I couldn’t find it. Do you have it?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Maybe I will add link to your website on my website and you will add link to my website on your website? It will improve SEO of our websites, right? What do you think?