By Jernavis Draughn
We are all connected in so many ways as human beings. From the likes of sports, ethnicity, upbringing, culture, work, and hobbies. Since the beginning of time, we were expected to gain a partner to connect and grow with. Therefore our success in life will always start with the ability to “connect” with people on an emotional level. Either from being in business, falling in love, family connections, or at work. It is believed that our relationships build our foundations. Therefore if you want to win with people on all levels, you must open the door to their positive mental thoughts, and their spiritual, emotional and financial growth.
Learning how to help others grow is an essential component in relationship building. It is one of the keys to creating success in your own life. Zig Ziglar once said, “You can have everything in life you want, if you help other people get what they want.” If this is the truth, then giving is the secret formula to ultimate success. The more people you help determines your progress in everything you do in life. WE reap what we sow. If you’re constantly planting positive seeds in others, your personal harvest will overflow with blessings. It starts with YOU first. Become the best version of you by intentionally growing in all areas of your life. Learn to give the things all of us deserve most: love, kindness, time, vision, positivity, purpose and support.
This blog was inspired by a great book I read by John Maxwell, “25 Ways To Win With People”. The book teaches you impactful ways you can win with people.
Listed below are ten of my favorite methods from his book that I have implemented in my life:
- Create a memory and visit them often. “Every MOMENT is a MEMORY!”-Jernavis Draughn
- Compliment people in front of people. “Give people public praise!”
- Focus on helping others. “The secret to living is giving!”-Tony Robbins
- Pass the credit on to others. “Build people up!”
- Add value to people. “The value you give will increase your financial growth.”
- Be the first to help. “Givers Gain!”
- Listen with your heart. “Seek first to understand, then to be understood.”-Stephen Covey
- Give whole heartedly. “Give ONLY from your HEART.”
- Help people win! “Help others win CHAMPIONSHIPS first!”
- Point out people strengths. “Be a STRENGTH FINDER.”
Quote of The Day: “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.”-Dalai Lama