I am what I do every day. What we do daily is our life in miniature. Mark Twain is coined for saying, “The secret to getting ahead is getting started.” I’m personally more growth oriented then goal oriented. I’ve learned from reading many books on goal setting, that to reach any goal, you have to become the person who believes and takes consistent action in achieving that goal. Jim Rohn once said, “If you go to work on your goals, your goals will go to work on you. Whatever good things we build end up building us.”
In the book, “What it takes, by Billionaire Stephen Schwarzman,” he provides twenty five rules for work and life. I will share the rules that hit home for me and that I’m currently implementing in my life.
- It’s easy to do something big as it is to do something small. Go BIG!
- There is nothing more interesting to people than their own problems.
- The best leaders are made not born.
- Information is the most important assets in business. The more you know, the more perspectives you have.
- Believe in something greater than yourself and your personal needs.
- Don’t focus on you, focus on solving for others.
- Never get complacent, nothing is forever. Stay hungry.
- A sale rarely gets made on the first pitch. Follow up.
- Success comes down to rare moments of opportunity.
- Failure is the best teacher in an organization.
- Everyone has dreams. Do what you can to help others achieve theirs.
- Be there for people you know to be good, even when everyone is walking away.
Growth is intentional. Anything worthwhile is uphill. Setting a goal is easy, but achieving a goal takes self-discipline, a clear vision and consistent action. Brian Tracy is coined for saying; “there are no unrealistic goals, only unrealistic deadlines.” Make sure you’re in a healthy environment that will help you grow in the right direction. We become who we hang out with most. So be selfish with your time and selective with whom you spend your time with. Remember you can’t save time, but you can spend it differently. Lastly, be clear on what you want in life. There’s nothing worse than having sight with no VISION. When you know exactly what you want, go after it as your life depends on it. The secret to your success is found in your daily routine.
Quote of the Day: “There are no unrealistic goals, only unrealistic deadlines.”-Brian Tracy