COVID-19 has changed the world and every business industry in some way. Change is inevitable but progress is not. What we do today determines where we will be at tomorrow. The future is being written today. Have you started to write down what you want your future to look like? In the next twenty four months, will you be in the same career field? Apartment or home? Financially stable? Emotionally healthier? Living in the same city? These questions have to be answered today to ensure your future will be better than your past. Did you grow in any way during the pandemic? What’s one thing that you learned going through a pandemic? Did you grow mentally, spiritually or emotionally?
In the book, “Future Proofing You”, by Jay Samit, explains twelve ways you can future proof yourself.
- You must have a growth mindset. The more you believe that you can improve, the more effort you will put toward your goals.
- Obstacles are opportunities in disguise. The obstacle is the way.
- FEAR is good. “Fear is only as deep as the mind allows.”-Japanese Proverb
- Failure is great. Failure is just feedback to help you pivot and grow.
- Your unique superpower makes you successful. Discover who and what you want to become.
- Passion makes you unstoppable. Passion with purpose fortifies PERSISTENCE.
- You can’t go at it alone. If you want fast go alone, if you want to go FAR, go with a TEAM.
- Everything is a tech startup. Time management is a competitive edge.
- You must fill a void. Discover what your unique selling proposition is.
- Spatial reality is a trillion dollar opportunity. Every business is mobile. Spatial computing, is connecting people to their environment with real time
- Working hard doesn’t make you rich; working smart does. Learn how to earn income without using physical energy.
- Remote workers are your new competitive advantage. Remote positions are the new norm. Adapt now and create systems to improve and grow in this area of your business.
The future belongs to the people who prepare for it today! Failing to plan is planning to fail. We all know, nothing is for certain other than change. Make sure you read, “Future Proofing You”, by Jay Samit, and implement the strategies in your daily routines to help you prepare for a more successful future.
Quote of the Day: “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”-Eleanor Roosevelt